In Light of Recent Fires, OFD Stresses Space Heater Safety

0
11

Two recent house fires have prompted the Ottumwa Fire Department (OFD) to remind the public about space heater safety.

OFD says in both fires, the space heaters overloaded electrical circuits and caused the wiring to heat to the point where a fire resulted.

In a press release, OFD suggests making sure you have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Keep space heaters out of high traffic areas and away from pets and children since contact with the appliance could cause serious shock and burns.

Additionally, never plug in a space heater with extension cords or multiple plugs and never leave one unattended.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments